"The Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Council is a governing body empowered by the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe Constitution committed to promoting an environment for the self-sufficiency of all Tribal members."
What is Workforce Services - PL 102-477
PL 102-477 allows tribes to integrate employment, training and related services they provide into one program, one plan, one application, one report, in order to improve the effectiveness of those services, reduce joblessness and serve tribally-determined goals consistent with the policy of self-determination. The programs integrated in the current plan are:
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth
- Native Employment Works
- Job Placement Training
To be eligible you must be:
- Native American enrolled in a federally recognized Tribe
- Economically disadvantaged or unemployed/underemployed
- Selective Service Registration - Males 18 and over
- Must reside within the service area
DOCUMENTS VERIFYING THE ABOVE ELIGIBILITY MUST BE PROVIDED.